Monday, June 14, 2010

The Kitchen: hanging meat

I found a nice constructed little building next to my house that doesn't get much sun on it. This to me means it won't get too hot and would be great to hang my meats.
so wrapped up in muzlin cloth is my dry cured pork bellies and my brine and dry cured pork hocks. so far things are going well. but they need to hand for a good two to three months so things could turn ugly.

all i can really do for the time being is hope. hope that the rot doesn't set in, and hope that the nothing jumps up and rips them off the string.

i'm also going well with my sourdough breads. i've begun getting a consistently good loaf out of each attempt and have gotten to baking a loaf every two days.

the idea of mixing in some fruit has been floated. i just need to work out how to do it without destroying the fluffiness of the dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment