Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Idea: Not Eating Meat? Still Thinking?

So, how ethical is it to not eat meat?

I'm not a vegetarian for one reason. I love eating meat. But in the process i have made it my mission to try to my best eat meat ethically.

This involves not only trying to eat Organic, and/or Free Range animals, but also practicing Head to Tail eating. The point of this is to make sure that no part of the animal went to waste.

But what about vegetarians?

Sure they don't eat animals, so they shouldn't have to worry about the ethical issue of a beautiful (and tasty) creature getting slaughtered. But what about the fruit and vegetables that they eat? Do they really meet Ethical Standards that justify the production?

This was just something that i had on my mind. I was curious as to how selective vegetarians were about the produce that they buy and if like me they spend hours wondering if what they are buying is really that good for the planet or my health...

It's just an idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment