Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Garden: Compost Mania

Forgot my camera so there's no pictures, but today was the day i organised my compost heaps (yes it's plural)

With my fantastic girlfriend finding cheep horse poo for sale at a farm i was lucky enough to end up with the opportunity to create a new compost heap. Essentially i combined the horse poo with the almost ready portion of my old compost pile to create a super compost pile. I'll let this combine over the next few weeks or months (depending on my mood when i'm in the garden really) and i should have something good for my summer plants.

This has also helped reduce the stress that was being put onto my wonderful little euro design hopelessly crap compost bin that seems to fall apart every time it starts to get a little bit full.

My collection of seedlings are developing nicely as well. I am hoping they'll be strong enough in a week or two to be planted out into the garden, although there have been a few frosty days so this may not happen right away.

Now to decide where i'll plant all these seedlings...

No comments:

Post a Comment